Date Of Birth: 28 November 1925
Jozsef Bozsik was known for his deep-lying playmaking style. He was the greatest deep-lying midfielder in Europe and the best midfielder during the mid-50s.
Jozsef Bozsik was the greatest deep-lying midfielder from Europe. Bozsik was the best midfielder during the mid-50s. He was known for his flawless technique, flair, tactical nous, passing accuracy (both short and long-range), reliable ball possession, and control of the game with ease.
He was an extremely intelligent player. Often used as a deep-lying playmaker where his tackling ability was also helpful. He holds the record for most Caps and most consecutive years of Caps for the Hungary national team.
Bozsik was voted 6th European footballer of the year in the first year of this award. Besides, He has voted third-place Hungary’s player of the century by IFFHS’s poll.
Jozsef Bozsik Personal Information
- Nation: Hungary
- Position: Defensive Holding Midfielder
- Height: 173 cm
- Career duration: 1943-1962
- Career Goals: 44
- International Caps: 101 Games
- Inernational Goals: 11
- Major Club: Kispest Honved
- World Cup Participation: 1954, 1958 -8 Games
Club & Country Honours
- 5 Times Hungarian League winner
- 1959 Mitropa Cup
- 1952 Olympic Game Gold Medal
- 1953 Central European Champion
- 1954 FIFA World Cup Runner-Up
- 1954 FIFA World Cup All-Stars Team
- 1952 Hungarian Football Federation Player of the Year
- Ballon d’Or 6th place (I956)