Australian Grand Prix
The 2022 Australian Grand Prix will take place from 8-10 april at Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit.
Total 58 laps of 5.303 Km will take place at Melbourne’s Grand Prix Circuit. The race coverage starts on 8th April with practice sessions followed by qualifying on Saturday and the big race on Sunday.
|Practice Session 1||8th April 2022||06:30 – 07:30||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Practice Session 2||8th April 2022||10:00 – 11:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Practice Session 3||9th April 2022||07:00 – 08:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Qualifying Sessions||9th April 2022||10:00 – 11:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Australian GP Race||10th April 2022||09:30 – 11:30||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
Race Facts- Australian Grand Prix:
- The first Grand pix was held in 1996 at Albert Park.
- Race Distance is 307.574 km
- Michael Schumacher is the most successful driver at Albert Park, scoring four wins (2000, 2001, 2002, 2004).
- The winner in Melbourne has gone on to be world champion 13 out of 24 times to date.
- Eddie Irvine is the only driver to have celebrated his maiden F1 victory at this track. He won his first Grand Prix with Ferrari here in 1999.
- The lowest grid slot a Grand Prix at Albert Park has been won from is eleventh. David Coulthard achieved this in 2003, on what would be his final victory in F1.
- It takes an estimated 290,000 man hours to assemble the circuit every year.
- The 2012 Australian Grand Prix was the first F1 race to feature six active World Champions competing in it.
- Lewis Hamilton has taken pole at the Australian Grand Prix in every season since 2014, but has converted only one of those pole positions (2015) into race victory.
Most memorable grand prix in Australia
Michael Schumacher is the most successful driver at Albert Park, scoring four wins- 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004. Michael Schumacher also holds the record for the fastest lap 1:24.125 in 2004 grand pix.