Formula 1 2022 season will get underway in the second week of March and teams will have to confirm their drivers lineup before the testing weekend begins by February. However most of the teams have confirmed their 2022 driver lineups and their contracts heading into the 2022 season. We will be taking a look at every driver’s contract with their respective teams and how much salaries they will be getting.
Formula 1 2022 Driver Lineup (Confirmed)
As expected some reshuffling heading into the new season with a few drivers changing teams but for most part we will see similar lineups as 2021 season. Kimi Raikonnen has retired, George Russell joins Mercedes. Valtteri Bottas and Guanyu Zhou to race for Alpha Romeo while Alex Albon has joined Williams.
- Fernando Alonso signed a 2-year deal with Renault till 2022 season and will be earning around $18 million a year (Bonuses included).
- Lewis Hamilton signed new financially improved 2-year contract with Mercedes making him the highest paid F1 driver of all-times in £40million a year ($54m USD) contract which runs till end of 2023 season.
- Max Verstappen signed a 3 year deal with Red Bull to keep him at the team till 2023 season and he will be paid $15 million a year (plus performance related bonuses) making him one of the highest paid in the lineup.
- Sebastian Vettel finished his lucrative $40 million a year deal with Ferrari and joins rebranded Aston Martin team for 2021 season. Vettel signed a 1 year deal with Aston Martin for 2021 season with an option to extend for another year which has been extended and he will be getting $17 million.
- Mich Schumacher signed a “Multi-year” deal with Haas and will be racing from them starting from 2021 season. He will be paid a modest $5 million a year with his current contract.
- Daniel Ricciardo has left Renault to join McLaren where he signed a 2 year deal worth $17 million a year. He is taking a pay cut from his $25 million a year deal with Renault.
- George Russell: Mercedes has confirmed George Russell signed a multiyear deal worth $6 million a year.
|Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)||$54 million||2 year extension till 2023 season|
|George Russell (Mercedes)||$6 million||Multiyear deal worth $6m a year with bonuses included.|
|Max Verstappen (Red Bull)||$15 million||Signed a 3 year deal till 2023|
|Sergio Perez (Red Bull)||$6.5 million||Signed 1 year deal to remain at Red Bull till 2022 season.|
|Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin)||$17 million||activated his 1 year extension with team for 2022 season|
|Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)||Multiyear deal and also he is son of the owner of this team.|
|Fernando Alonso (McLaren)||$18 million||Last year into his 2-year deal which runs till 2022|
|Esteban Ocon (McLaren)||$3.5 million||Signed another 1 year deal to remain with the team.|
|Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)||$10 million||5 year contract till 2024|
|Carlos Sainz (Ferrari)||$7.5 million||Multi year contract|
|Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri)||$3.5 million||1 year extension to keep him with the team till 2021|
|Yuki Tsunoda (Alpha Tauri)||$2 million||1 year deal for 2021 season|
|Valtteri Bottas (Alpha Romeo)||$6 million||Multiyear deal signed in September 2021|
|Antonio Giovinazzi (Alpha Romeo)||$2 million||1 year extension for 2021 season (might leave the team)|
|Mick Schumacher (Haas)||$5 million||Multi year contract|
|Nikita Mazepin (Haas)||$1.5 million||Multi year contract signed in 2020|
|Nicholas Latifi (Williams)||$2 million a year||1 year contract extension|
|Alex Albon (Williams)||$1m||Signed a 2-year deal with Williams.|