Formula 1 season 2021 has been delayed again this year with opening two grand prix postponed and now the season will begin by end of March 2021. However all teams have confirmed their 2021 driver lineups and their contracts heading into the 2021 season. We will be taking a look at every driver’s contract with their respective teams and how much salaries they will be getting.
Formula 1 2021 Driver Lineup (Confirmed)
As expected loads of reshuffling heading into the new season with a few drivers changing teams, some coming out of retirement. Fernando Alonso will be making his return to F1 with Renault in 2021 season. Sebastian Vettel has left Ferrari who is replaced by Carlos Sainz.
- Fernando Alonso signed a 2-year deal with Renault till 2022 season and will be earning around $18 million a year (Bonuses included).
- Lewis Hamilton is likely to sign a new financially improved contract with Mercedes however negotiations are still ongoing where Hamilton wants to improve on his current $40 million a year deal.
- Max Verstappen signed a 3 year deal with Red Bull to keep him at the team till 2023 season and he will be paid $15 million a year (plus performance related bonuses) making him one of the highest paid in the lineup.
- Sebastian Vettel finished his lucrative $40 million a year deal with Ferrari and joins rebranded Aston Martin team for 2021 season. Vettel signed a 1 year deal with Aston Martin for 2021 season with an option to extend for another year and he will be getting $17 million for 2021 season.
- Mich Schumacher signed a “Multi-year” deal with Haas and will be racing from them starting from 2021 season. He will be paid a modest $5 million a year with his current contract.
- Kimi Raikonnen signed 1 year extension to his contract with Alpha Romeo and will race for the team in 2021 what might turn out to be his last year as Formula 1 driver.
- Daniel Ricciardo has left Renault to join McLaren where he signed a 2 year deal worth $17 million a year. He is taking a pay cut from his $25 million a year deal with Renault.
|Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)||$50 million||In negotiations with Mercedes (Currently a free agent)|
|Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)||$9 million||Last year into his current contract till 2021|
|Max Verstappen (Red Bull)||$15 million||Signed a 3 year deal till 2023|
|Sergio Perez (Red Bull)||$6.5 million||Signed 1 year deal to remain at Red Bull till 2021 season.|
|Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin)||$17 million||1 year deal with option to extended it till 2022|
|Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)||No details available apart from him being son of the team owner|
|Fernando Alonso (McLaren)||$18 million||2 year deal till 2022|
|Esteban Ocon (McLaren)||$3.5 million||1 year deal|
|Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)||$10 million||5 year contract till 2024|
|Carlos Sainz (Ferrari)||$7.5 million||Multi year contract|
|Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri)||$3.5 million||1 year extension to keep him with the team till 2021|
|Yuki Tsunoda (Alpha Tauri)||$2 million||1 year deal for 2021 season|
|Kimi Räikkönen (Alpha Romeo)||$7.5 million||1 year extension for 2021 season.|
|Antonio Giovinazzi (Alpha Romeo)||$2 million||1 year extension for 2021 season.|
|Mick Schumacher (Haas)||$5 million||Multi year contract|
|Nikita Mazepin (Haas)||$1.5 million||Multi year contract signed in 2020|
|George Russell (Williams)||$750,000||Contract till 2021 season|
|Nicholas Latifi (Williams)||$750,000||1 year contract extension|