Russian Grand Prix
According to the 2022 F1 calendar, the Russian Grand Prix will take place from 23-25 September at Sochi Autodrom.
A total of 53 laps, consisting of a 5.848 Km circuit lap will take place at Sochi Autodrom.
The race coverage will be starting on the 23rd of September with practice sessions.
Later it will be followed by qualifying fixtures on Saturday, 24th September.
However, The final race will be on Sunday, 25th of September.
|Practice Session 1||23rd September 2022||06:30 – 07:30||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Practice Session 2||23rd September 2022||10:00 – 11:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Practice Session 3||24th September 2022||07:00 – 08:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Qualifying Sessions||24th September 2022||10:00 – 11:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Russian GP Race||25th September 2022||09:30 – 11:30||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
Race Facts- Russian Grand Prix
- The first Russian Gp was started in 1910s, but abondend shortly.
- The race was officiated again in 2010.
- Uptill 2022, 11 races had been held.
- Lewis Hamilton won the most races (5).
- Mercedes has the most wins as a Constructor (8).
- Circuit length is 5.848 km
- Race lenght is 309.745
- Lando Norries holds the fastest lap record (1:37.423).
- A russian Driver always presnets in the race.
- Sochi is among the eight cities, who have hosted the Olympics and a Formula 1 Grand Prix.
- Drivers starting from second and fourth in the Russian Grand Prix have never failed to score points in the race.
Most memorable moment in Russian GP
Not a memorable one but Carlos Sainz Crash at Russian Gp is one of the moments fans will never forget.
Carlos Sainz suffered the largest crash of his F1 career with a huge shunt in Free Practice Three for the 2015 Russian Grand Prix.
His Toro Rosso car became lodged under the tecpro barrier after the Spaniard got loose heading into Turn 14.
After making contact with the wall, Sainz was powerless to stop his car from heading straight into the barriers.