Singapore Grand Prix
According to the 2022 F1 calendar, the Singapore Grand Prix will take place from 30 September to 2 October at Marina Bay Street Circuit.
A total of 61 laps, consisting of a 5.063 Km circuit lap will take place at Marina Bay Street Circuit
The race coverage will be starting on the 30th of September with practice sessions.
Later it will be followed by qualifying fixtures on Saturday, 1st October.
However, The final race will be on Sunday, 2nd of October
|Practice Session 1||30th September 2022||06:30 – 07:30||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Practice Session 2||30th September 2022||10:00 – 11:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Practice Session 3||1st October 2022||07:00 – 08:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Qualifying Sessions||2nd October 2022||10:00 – 11:00||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
|Singapore GP Race||2nd October 2022||09:30 – 11:30||SkySportsf1 (UK)|
Race Facts- Singapore Grand Prix
- Started as Night race, later got te status of F1.
- So far, it held 20 times
- German driver Sebastian Vettel won the race most number of times (5)
- As a constructor, Both Mercedes & Ferrari won 4 times.
- Circuit Lenghth is 5.063 km
- Race length is 308.706 km
- Just four drivers have shared victories at the twelve Singapore Grands Prix held since 2008.
- The Safety Car has made at least one appearance in every Singapore Grand Prix held to date.
- Approximately 1600 custom-made floodlights are spread around the 5.075km Marina Bay circuit.
- No driver has recorded more than 3 DNFs at the Marina Bay Circuit.
Most memorable moment in Singapore GP
2010 Singapore GP saw the closest finish of the last ten seasons. Such was the closeness of the 2010 title race, that all of the top five in the Drivers’ Championship had the chance to be the new championship leader, depending on the result of the Singapore round.
Fernando Alonso for the victory. Alonso won by just 0.293 seconds margin.