The upcoming FIFA World Cup dates announced, it’s confirmed that event this year moved from June to November in Qatar. If we talk about most expensive world cups, ever held in football, Qatar 2022 will lead the list. Match official details not completely reported yet. FIFA World Cup referees salaries were different regarding to league competition and European competition.
Match Referee | One of the main person involved in the match is referee, he is on field. He is the one who run’s alongside players on both left and right side of the field. A match referee normally paid maximum (€750) per match for International matches. But once he got selected for the main tournaments as of FIFA World Cup, European Championship and Copa America.
- Holds the power to stop, suspending or terminating the match at their discretion
- He can stop the match if, in their opinion, a player get seriously injured and ensuring that they are removed from the field of play.
- It comes under his duty that Injured player return to the field once match restarted
- To make sure all Laws of the Game being followed during the match
- Controlling the match in co-operation with the assistant referees and, where applicable, with the fourth and other officials
- ensuring that any ball used meets the requirements of Law 2
Assistant Referees | The two assistant referees on both side of the field well known as “Lines-man” mostly they check the offside rules, fouls that a referee can not see more clearly. Assistant referees get paid €500 per match in normal FIFA friendly games. But once the part of the FIFA tournaments their earnings increased from €500 to €2,500 a match.
- They are the ones to check which team is applicable to take free kick, coroner kick
- It’s their duty to check the player is offside
- To check substitution is requested
- The assistant referee got options to enter the field of play to help control the (10 yards) distance.
Fourth Official | The fourth official is the one who (supervising the substitution procedure) and checking a player’s, substitute’s equipment’s. The re-entry of the player on field, approval from the match referee. He is the one who holds the duty of supervising balls replacement during the match.
- Checking the substitution procedure
- He is the one who is checking players, substitution
- Re-entry of a player following a signal, approval from the referee
- Indicating the minimum amount of additional time the referee intends to play at the end of each half
Video Assistant Referees | One of the major rules that has changed the football game forever is the VAR referee. Many goals earlier not reported by the match officials. Now reviewed by the video assistant referees get paid €600 in friendly, qualifiers match. But who ever selected for the FIFA World Cup 2022 VAR and AVAR will earn (€3k) a match.
- A VAR referee to make a decision using replay footage only for a ‘clear and obvious error’
- Any serious conduct during the match related to penalty or foul, goal, no goal, direct red card
|Officials||Per Match Fees||Playoff’s & Finals Fees||Tournament Payouts|
|Video Assistant Referees||€3,000||€5,000||€175,000|
Note | Complete details regarding to FIFA World Cup referees salaries for the 2022 Qatar world cup updated once their names confirmed. Most of the match officials selected from the UEFA and CONMEBOL confederations. According to reported 100% match referees come from CONMEBOL and UEFA. Argentina, Brazil, England, France, and Italy countries referees selected mostly.