After a horrendous and par below season, Manchester United is once again looking to make a strong team ahead of next season. The only good thing that happened to the manchester united team is that the 2021-22 season ended. They finish 6th in the league with zero goal difference. After appointing Erik ten Hag as head coach, the team will drop lots of current team players. New signings will be made and a new team will be made. Here you will get to know about Manchester United Possible Starting Lineup for the 2022-23 football season.
However, with limited budget, and squad depth Erik ten Hag has to ax some players to make room for new signings.
Manchester United Possible Starting Lineup
United finished the season in 6th place despite signing Cristiano, Raphael Varane, and Sancho in the summer window. The club’s poor form can be picked from this, that they have zero goal difference in the league. That means their defense and attack were equally bad.
With Erik ten Hag, Manchester United will likely go under rehab process and fans will see a new formation with new players. Before Manchester United Possible Starting Lineup, take a look at:
- Players that will depart
- Players to be a sign
- Manchester United Possible Starting Lineup
Possible Players that will leave in the Summer
Ole signed some key players’ last transfer window in order to win the title. As the season before (2020-21), they finished 2nd. In Summer, they signed Big names like Cristiano Ronaldo, Raphael varane, and Jadon Sancho. The plan was simple, attack the goal and then defend. However, it completely missed fire. Because neither United attacked nor was able to defend.
Players like Pogba, Scott Mactominy, Luke shaw, Fred, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka played awful for most of the season. Ronaldo stood tall in UCL and league games, but the Portuguese weren’t able to cement the team together. Captain Harry Maguire gave mediocre performance week after week. Hence as result, ole was sacked and Ralph was bought. But nothing changed, the team went down to further down.
As Tenn Hegg announce das the new coach and the board gave him full support, players that don’t bring much will be axed from the teams.
The big names are already been told about their future. There is a chance we might see a new United starting at 11. Players that will be offloaded are:
- Edison Cavani
- Nejman Matic
- Jesse Lingard
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Paul Pogba
- Dean Henderson
- Anthony Martial
- James Garner
- Anthony Elanga
- Scott McTominay
these are top players that are expected to leave. Cristiano’s future is uncertain at this point. With playing in the Europa League, Ronaldo too doesn’t want to miss the champions league and hence can be partied ways with united once again.
Possible New Signings
With new management and head coach, there will be new signings in order to improve the starting 11. A few big names will be signed. Manchester United has given Tenn Heg 150 Million pounds for the transfer window. If he sells players then he can use that amount as well. However, they spend more in the 2021 summer window. Now when the team needs a new structure, owners only allowed 150 m pounds.
However, with this money, Erik ten Hag already knows who he wants in his starting lineup. With an aim to improve defense and midfield first, Erik ten Hag is keen to buy Frenkie De jong.
The rest of the possible transfers manchester united pursuing are is:
- Frenkie de Jong – Barcelona have confirmed that they have received multiple offers for De Jong with Manchester United. United are weighing up a £75m move for Barcelona midfielder De Jong and have made contact with the club
- Darwin Nunez – Erik ten Hag faces mounting transfer frustration as Manchester United fear they will be priced out of a summer move for the Benfica striker
- Daniel Bachmann – Watford goalkeeper Bachmann has been recommended to Manchester United by former boss Ralf Rangnick.
- Ruben Neves – Manchester United is on the verge of making a final push to sign the Wolves midfielder.
- Jurrien Timber – Manchester United are in contact with Ajax regarding Timber, with Erik ten Hag wanting to make the defender one of his first signings.
- Alessandro Bastoni – Manchester United has reportedly joined the race to sign highly-rated Inter Milan defender Bastoni.
- Lisandro Martinez – Erik ten Hag wants to bring center-back Martinez, who helped him clinch the Eredivisie title this season.
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic – The Lazio midfielder is also on Ten Hag’s radar after registering 11 goals and 11 assists in Serie A this season.
- Antony – Liverpool is set to battle Manchester United for the signing of Antony this summer despite the Ajax star’s manager Erik ten Hag joining the Red Devils.
- Lautaro Martinez – Manchester United have offered Inter Milan a fee of £42m and Anthony Martial in order to land Martinez, according to reports
Possible Starting Lineup
Confirmed Man Utd signings
Will appear here.
Confirmed Man Utd departures
- Nemanja Matic – free transfer
- Edinson Cavani – free transfer