Cricket has been changed over the course of years at a great pace. Starting from 6 days test cricket match, it is now up to 10 overs limited game. But the fame T20 cricket got is incredible. Evolution of T20 cricket has its own history. There are various factors but T20 leagues played the most essential part. Involvement of money famed the cricket rapidly. Here are the cricket leagues which pay the most money.
Which Cricket Leagues Makes The Most Money?
- Broadcasting Rights: Star India has the broadcasting rights for $2.55 billion
- Sponsorship: VIVO is sponsoring the event for next five seasons for $295 million.
- Highest Paid Player: Virat Kohli is the highest paid player with over $2.6 million.
- Average Salaries: The average salary of an IPL player is about $100,000.
IPL has the most influence in the history of T20 cricket as it is the most favorite in this format. Starting from 2008, 14 seasons done. But its charm and thrill does not end. Besides showing their talent, It also allows the players to make a handsome amount. The prize money of IPL is $7.2 million with a winner share of $2.9 million. Cricketers from every part of the world are its part.
- Broadcasting Rights: PTV Sports holds the broadcasting rights for $24 million for 2 years.
- Sponsorship: HBL will sponsor the league till 2025 for $22.2 million.
- Highest Paid Player: Babar Azam is the highest paid player with $170,000.
- Average Salaries: The average salary of a PSL player is about $60,000.
The famous cricket league belonging to Pakistan is also getting famous day by day as it is providing quality players to cricket. The Champions Trophy 2017 hero Fakhar Zaman came from it. Oftenly there is a comparison between PSL and IPL. However, the leagues revenue is less than IPL. The only reason is the holding of event outside the Pakistan. If PCB could manage the whole tournament in Pakistan, there will be great ticket sale and resultantly the revenue boost.
- Broadcasting Rights: BT Sports holds the streaming rights for next five years for $100 million.
- Sponsorship: KFC is sponsoring the tournament for $57 million a year.
- Highest Paid Player: D’Arcy Short is the highest paid player in BBL with $298,000.
- Average Salaries: The average salary of a BBL cricketer is about $50,000.
In he list of highest money paying cricket leagues, the Australian cricket league is at number 3 in the list with a prize money of $3 million. The primary income source for BBL is ticket sales and TV rights. As there is only summer cricket in Australia, tickets generate a great revenue. KFC is sponsoring the event since 2011. The food giant has increased the revenue of the league up to a great extent. BBL played a major role in modernizing the cricket. It is the 1st league to introduce electric bails and stumps.
Vitality T20 Blast League
- Broadcasting Rights: Sky Sports holds the streaming rights worth $120 million.
- Sponsorship: Vitality is sponsoring the tournament for $2.7 million a year.
- Average Salaries: The average salary of a T20 blast cricketer is about $40,000.
Natwest T20 League is also one of the greatest T20 events and is at 4th in this list.18 first class counties participate in the tournament. Due to its mess with the schedule of domestic and List A tournament, there is not much high viewership of the league. If ECB can manage the schedule than there will be a great revenue from viewership and the event will be able to compete with the greatest leagues.
Caribbean Premier League
- Broadcasting Rights: BT Sports holds the broadcasting rights for $50 million.
- Sponsorship: Motorsports company Hero is the sponsor of CPL for $51 million.
- Highest Paid Player: Rashid Khan earns the most with $120,000.
- Average Salaries: $40,000 is the average salary of a CPL player.
The top entertaining league belonging to West Indies is a great source of revenue for WI Cricket Board. There are some great names associated with it. Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan owns the famous franchise Trinbago Knight Riders. While the Hollywood star Mark Wahlberg also has some connections with this event. Most of the revenue generated is through the sponsorship and TV viewership.