Before leaving Barcelona, Football’s greatest ever player signed a lifetime boot deal contract with Adidas. Lionel Messi Adidas Boot Deal was announced in 2017. With this deal, Football’s biggest star joins the Billionaire Club. Only Cristiano Ronaldo is up ahead in the endorsement.
The following mentioned things are the highlights of the deals. These are:
- Life-term partnership with Adidas also includes off-field apparel
- He Became the first footballer to release a sub-brand of Adidas boots – the Adidas Messi.
- Life Time boot contract deal.
- The Paris Saint-Germain forward went on to sign a £18m-per-year Adidas deal
- Became the second billionaire who earn through sponsorships
- The 34-year-old has been snapped with his latest range with the German giant
- The deal, helped him to become the highest paid athlete during the year 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Deal includes Adidas Platinum boots, a full tracksuit, t-shirt and hoodie
So without wasting any time, let’s dig into the post.
Lionel Messi Adidas Boot Deal
The Argentina star footballer only wears Adidas boots. Since his early play days, The star footballer was only seen wearing Adidas. In 2017, Leo Messi signed a lifetime boot contract deal with Adidas estimated worth £1 billion.
The current boot contract deal is worth £18 million per year.
Now take a look at the financial numbers behind the Lionel Messi Adidas Boot Deal:
|Yearly payments||£18 million + addons|
|Total payment over the course of the deal||£1 billion|
|Any performance-related clauses?||£3 million a year will be added to the yearly deal if Leo Messi wins the champions league.|
With his billion pound deal with Adidas, Leo Messi became the second billionaire who earns in sponsorships, after Cristiano Ronaldo. He then became the first footballer to release a sub-brand of Adidas boots by the name of “Adidas Messi”.
The Paris Saint-Germain forward will play in the German sportswear brand’s Adidas X Speedflow football boots. He will also wear the company’s lifestyle, training, footwear, and apparel products off the pitch. The collection comes with a Lionel Messi t-shirt, a full tracksuit, and a hoodie.
With £18 million per year, The deal also has a performance-related clause and conditions. These are:
- £3 million a year will be added to the yearly deal if Leo Messi wins the champions league again
- Another £4 million will be added which will includes UCL top scorrer, a title win bonus, and other bonuses.
- £2 million if he wins the Ballon d’Or.
- £1 million if he wins te European golden boot.
With £18 million + addons per year, Leo Messi is surely enjoying his boot deal contract with German sportswear brand “Adidas”.