In September 2017, Neymar shocked the football world and fans after completing his move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-German. His habit of leaving the contract in middle remain the same, as he again dropped his boot deal with Nike to accept the offer from Puma. In September 2020, the Neymar Jr Puma boot deal was announced.
The following mentioned things are the highlights of the deals. These are:
- Long-term partnership with Puma also includes off-field apparel
- Neymar ended his 15-year partnership with Nike in September 2020.
- The Paris Saint-Germain forward went on to sign a £23m-per-year Puma deal
- Largest individual sponsorship contract in sport
- The 28-year-old has been snapped with his first range with the German giant
- Deal includes Puma King Platinum boots, a full tracksuit, t-shirt and hoodie
So without wasting any time, let’s dig into the post.
Neymar Jr Puma Boot Deal
Brazilian National Team player Neymar has confirmed a long-term partnership with Puma after calling an early end to his deal with Nike.
He then went on to sign a massive £23million-per-year deal – the largest individual sponsorship contract in sport – with Puma, which includes the Puma KING Platinum boot in black and white.
Now take a look at the financial numbers behind the Neymar Jr Puma Boot Deal:
|Contract Duration||Multi-Years (2020-Onward)|
|Yearly payments||£23 million + addons|
|Total payment over the course of the deal||£300 million|
|Any performance-related clauses?||£3 million a year will be added to the yearly deal if Neymar wins the champions league.|
The Paris Saint-Germain forward will play in the German sportswear brand’s Puma King football boots. He will also wear the company’s lifestyle, training, footwear, and apparel products off the pitch.
The boot includes the latest performance technology initiatives to help with control and touch. The collection comes with a Neymar Jr. t-shirt, a full tracksuit, and a hoodie.
With £23 million per year, The deal also has a performance-related clause and conditions. The clause is:
- £3 million a year will be added to the yearly deal if Neymar Jr. wins the champions league
- Another £4million will be added which will includes UCL top scorrer, a title win bonus, and other bonuses.
With £23 million + addons in a yearly base income, Neymar Jr. is surely enjoying his contract with German sportswear brand “Puma”.
Also, Give a read to Most Expensive Boot Deals In Football History